INTRODUCTION
 
What is now Forest Hills and Rego Park, 350 years ago was called Whitepot. English settlers bought the land from Native Americans for three white clay pots and the name stuck. In 1653, within the settlement of MIiddleburgh near what is now Grand Avenue and Queens Blvd and 50 years before Queens would become a county some of the original colonists created a permanent settlement a few miles east to trade with the local Mespat tribes.
 
 
 
Neighborhoods
 
Introduction
 
FOREST HILLS
 
REGO PARK